Yes I have muchly exciting news to tell you dear reader, for my rather humble little blog has won a Liebster award! Thrilling news, isn’t it? I was nominated by the lovely Sarka, whose equally lovely blog can be found at http://berriesandyarn.wordpress.com and is well worth a browse if you haven’t done so already. After my jumping-around-with-joy moment had passed (well, you have to, don’t you) I settled down to have a read of all the rules and regulation thingies you have to follow, which although a bit complicated, are jolly well worth the effort. I think the whole Liebster thing is a fab idea, as it not only promotes newbie bloggers, but also helps you to discover other inspiring newbie bloggers too. Great stuff! So here goes with the rules and regulation thingy first (or the grown-up bit as I like to call it).
1. You have to link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. After completing those questions, you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
4. You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post for them so that so that they can learn about the nomination.
Phew! That’s the boring rules and regs bit sorted. Now for something much more interesting dear reader: the questions I was asked, well here goes…
1. What got you into blogging?
Ooh, easy, I just loved reading all the fabulous arty-crafty blogs that are out there and always found them so inspiring, that I decided to start my own blog in the hope that I, too, would inspire people to be more arty-crafty.
2. What is it that you enjoy the most about the blogging experience?
Well obviously as I mentioned in my first answer, the thought that my lovely readers are beavering away at something creative because they have seen something on my blog that has inspired them.
3. And is there anything about blogging you find annoying or irritating?
I would have to say the ‘techy’ stuff, as there have been quite a lot of said ‘techy’ things that have blown my mind, or caused me to have meltdown moments with the rather scary cyber space!
4. How do you find new blogs to follow?
As I blog with WordPress I quite often look for new blogs via search tags on my blog feed. I am also a member of Bloglovin’ so I’m always finding lovely new blogs to follow on there too. Magazines are also a good way to discover new bloggers as well.
5. What inspires you?
Oh my, everything and everyone! I love Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for inspiring pics and people, but the world outside your door is full of inspiration isn’t it? That’s why I always carry a notebook around with me and I’m always taking photos on my phone when I’m out and about.
6. Do you prefer paper diaries, calendars, planners, stationery, etc, or do you rather go digital?
I have a ‘thing’ for notebooks! I have them all over the house and I’m always jotting down ideas when they pop into my head. I also love post-it notes and I have lots of lists of ideas/projects on my mobile phone too.
7. What’s the best book you have read this year?
I read LOADS of books but recently I have enjoyed a couple of books by Debbie Macomber: ‘The Shop on Blossom Street’ and ‘A Good Yarn’ simply because they are about a yarn store owner and they also have free knitting patterns in them!
8. Given unlimited time and resources, what is your dream project?
I would love to be involved in a huge community art or craft project with children and adults.
9. On the other hand, what sort of a quick project do you go to for instant gratification?
Easy, a doodling session!
10. What was your favourite boy band in the 90’s? Don’t tell me you did not have one.
I was probably a bit beyond boy bands in the 90’s, age-wise! Although when I was of a ‘boy band age’ as it were, I was well into Duran Duran!
11. If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be and why?
Ooh, tough one, I guess I would have to say Nelson Mandela, because he had such courage and determination to fight for what was right and true.
Well, I hope that was of interest to you dear reader, now for the next bit: my list of nominations! Here are the 11 bloggers I nominate for a Liebster award, drum roll please!
There we go, nominations complete, and what a truly inspiring bunch they all are too; a great mix of art, crochet, knitting, sewing, weaving, gardening and other inspiring crafts. I hope you enjoy your blogging adventures while you explore dear reader! And now for the final bit, my 11 questions for the 11 lovely bloggers I have nominated:
1. When you think about your blog, what makes you smile?
2. What new form of art or craft would you like to learn?
3. What do you collect?
4. Where is your favourite place for being arty or crafty?
5. Tea and biscuits – do you dunk or crunch?
6. What is your favourite toast topping?
7. Where would be your dream arty-crafty destination in the world?
8. E-reader or good old-fashioned paperback book, which do you prefer?
9. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
10. Which famous artist/crafter/gardener would you like to meet and why?
11. What would your dream job be? (If you’re not aleady doing it, you lucky person you!)
Well I hope those questions get your imaginations working! Congratulations to all the bloggers that I have nominated and I hope you are all inspired by each other’s blogs, which is what the Liebster Award is all about I reckon! So farewell for now dear reader and remember to read those blogs and be inspired! Blog on…